Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3284
Location: IN A FIELD LOOKING AT THE STARS
Max, rocky, bjb, lynn why do we persist in sending these lads in from our own 20 for them to get their heads kicked in they’re finishers, we were making 15 to 20 metres then going to kick and Wigan were nearly on the half way line. Go back to basics get the forwards behind the ball and roll their sleeves up and say get out of the way I’m having it. We’re just totally pinned down.

Stop playing round the back we have been worked out weeks ago it’s too slow and if it’s not done correct will not work and will never work unless we play straight and engage defenders. When we started going through hands it looked more of a threat.

Move rocky back to half with miller they were developing a good understanding at the end of last season played good stuff and got us to 5th, Brough has been a damn good player but Father Time is catching up with him I’m afraid, we need pace.

Pack work in tandem one after the other hard and straight and unless they’re knackered leave them on crowther batch king are young blokes they can do 80 and I bet they hate coming off anyway. We’ve one of the biggest packs in the league play to it, Wigan had so many young kids in we should bullied them and get a foothold.

Sort the bloody defence out Just go man on man and make the tackle. When Rocky was on bjb side for 5 games no trys went down that side cause he can get across and bjb trusted him.

Last point get your hands dirty roll your sleeves up, refuse to come off and for the last few games it’s over my dead body and we’re not taking this club down.






WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12233
Location: wakefield
I think I agree with all that.
The sending the wingers in to cart the ball up really bugs me.
It's no wonder BJB isn't playing his usual sharp self when his only pass is to take the ball up from his own line with a hunger and set defence ready to smash him.
Ball return from wings should be from kicks. If the ball is turned over on the line and the forwards are back then a forward should be running it out and maybe a wing coming in for a quick play the ball on 3rd tackle.

One thing I think we need is better management of defence from full back. When Grix was here he lacked some of the sparkle of Rocky and Max but he could run the round the back play perfectly and he could manage the defence. I think some of the confusion in our line is coming from full back calls. If we are to get a new one, that is the skill I want Chester to buy.






A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:45 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Posts: 222
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:Max, rocky, bjb, lynn why do we persist in sending these lads in from our own 20 for them to get their heads kicked in they’re finishers, we were making 15 to 20 metres then going to kick and Wigan were nearly on the half way line. Go back to basics get the forwards behind the ball and roll their sleeves up and say get out of the way I’m having it. We’re just totally pinned down.

Stop playing round the back we have been worked out weeks ago it’s too slow and if it’s not done correct will not work and will never work unless we play straight and engage defenders. When we started going through hands it looked more of a threat.

Move rocky back to half with miller they were developing a good understanding at the end of last season played good stuff and got us to 5th, Brough has been a damn good player but Father Time is catching up with him I’m afraid, we need pace.

Pack work in tandem one after the other hard and straight and unless they’re knackered leave them on crowther batch king are young blokes they can do 80 and I bet they hate coming off anyway. We’ve one of the biggest packs in the league play to it, Wigan had so many young kids in we should bullied them and get a foothold.

Sort the bloody defence out Just go man on man and make the tackle. When Rocky was on bjb side for 5 games no trys went down that side cause he can get across and bjb trusted him.

Last point get your hands dirty roll your sleeves up, refuse to come off and for the last few games it’s over my dead body and we’re not taking this club down.




Can't argue with that.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm
Posts: 207
PopTart wrote:I think I agree with all that.
The sending the wingers in to cart the ball up really bugs me.
It's no wonder BJB isn't playing his usual sharp self when his only pass is to take the ball up from his own line with a hunger and set defence ready to smash him.
Ball return from wings should be from kicks. If the ball is turned over on the line and the forwards are back then a forward should be running it out and maybe a wing coming in for a quick play the ball on 3rd tackle.

One thing I think we need is better management of defence from full back. When Grix was here he lacked some of the sparkle of Rocky and Max but he could run the round the back play perfectly and he could manage the defence. I think some of the confusion in our line is coming from full back calls. If we are to get a new one, that is the skill I want Chester to buy.


I'm not entirely convinced by that, i think the round the back play has just become too predictable as it is our main move really. All to often is against a set defence if the forwards we're making more yards and getting quick play the balls i'm sure we'd still get some success out of it. Another problem is Brough can't and Milky rarely takes on the line, so they're not attracting/holding up defenders and creating space and I think it showed last night with the interception.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:42 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1311
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:Max, rocky, bjb, lynn why do we persist in sending these lads in from our own 20 for them to get their heads kicked in they’re finishers, we were making 15 to 20 metres then going to kick and Wigan were nearly on the half way line. Go back to basics get the forwards behind the ball and roll their sleeves up and say get out of the way I’m having it. We’re just totally pinned down.

Stop playing round the back we have been worked out weeks ago it’s too slow and if it’s not done correct will not work and will never work unless we play straight and engage defenders. When we started going through hands it looked more of a threat.

Move rocky back to half with miller they were developing a good understanding at the end of last season played good stuff and got us to 5th, Brough has been a damn good player but Father Time is catching up with him I’m afraid, we need pace.

Pack work in tandem one after the other hard and straight and unless they’re knackered leave them on crowther batch king are young blokes they can do 80 and I bet they hate coming off anyway. We’ve one of the biggest packs in the league play to it, Wigan had so many young kids in we should bullied them and get a foothold.

Sort the bloody defence out Just go man on man and make the tackle. When Rocky was on bjb side for 5 games no trys went down that side cause he can get across and bjb trusted him.

Last point get your hands dirty roll your sleeves up, refuse to come off and for the last few games it’s over my dead body and we’re not taking this club down.


CC is making the same mistake so many coaches make, believing that accepting the obvious somehow demeans hin and thus it becomes a battle to prove he was right all along. He wasn't right, Brough is still a decent player but for our team, he wasn't the answer. Hindsight is a great gift that nobody actually possesses so I don't blame CC for signing Brough. The ability to admit it was the wrong choice is in anyone's grasp and he needs to do it IMHO to save our club and his career.

Miller and Hampshire were far from the finished article but still offered far more than the current incarnation, certainly since they both returned from injury. Something has to give and I do think Hampshire at least deserves a chance.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:43 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4193
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:Max, rocky, bjb, lynn why do we persist in sending these lads in from our own 20 for them to get their heads kicked in they’re finishers, we were making 15 to 20 metres then going to kick and Wigan were nearly on the half way line. Go back to basics get the forwards behind the ball and roll their sleeves up and say get out of the way I’m having it. We’re just totally pinned down.

Stop playing round the back we have been worked out weeks ago it’s too slow and if it’s not done correct will not work and will never work unless we play straight and engage defenders. When we started going through hands it looked more of a threat.

Move rocky back to half with miller they were developing a good understanding at the end of last season played good stuff and got us to 5th, Brough has been a damn good player but Father Time is catching up with him I’m afraid, we need pace.

Pack work in tandem one after the other hard and straight and unless they’re knackered leave them on crowther batch king are young blokes they can do 80 and I bet they hate coming off anyway. We’ve one of the biggest packs in the league play to it, Wigan had so many young kids in we should bullied them and get a foothold.

Sort the bloody defence out Just go man on man and make the tackle. When Rocky was on bjb side for 5 games no trys went down that side cause he can get across and bjb trusted him.

Last point get your hands dirty roll your sleeves up, refuse to come off and for the last few games it’s over my dead body and we’re not taking this club down.

Sums it up perfectly.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm
Posts: 452
Forwards need to run on to the ball. Our forward usually take the pass standing still. Fifita often does this and still makes progress because he has a brilliant hand off but the other forwards need to have some momentum when they receive to make more yards.






If I was short sighted I could become a referee!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:59 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am
Posts: 389
Location: Walton, Wakefield
Yes but who is coaching them not to run on to a ball and who is coaching them to hang back in defence instead of quickly moving up.

If that is Chester, then he is not good enough. If it is a player(s) haul them off and drop them.

We have pussy footed around too long, it is time to wield the big stick to get a response.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:00 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4193
PopTart wrote:I think I agree with all that.
The sending the wingers in to cart the ball up really bugs me.
It's no wonder BJB isn't playing his usual sharp self when his only pass is to take the ball up from his own line with a hunger and set defence ready to smash him.
Ball return from wings should be from kicks. If the ball is turned over on the line and the forwards are back then a forward should be running it out and maybe a wing coming in for a quick play the ball on 3rd tackle.

One thing I think we need is better management of defence from full back. When Grix was here he lacked some of the sparkle of Rocky and Max but he could run the round the back play perfectly and he could manage the defence. I think some of the confusion in our line is coming from full back calls. If we are to get a new one, that is the skill I want Chester to buy.

I disagree regarding the defence of Grix Pop wether organising or getting involved , I’ve watched many games back that he’s played and what he was good at was getting out of the way by pushing others towards the defensive areas, especially on our goal line and
throwing his arms about blaming someone else, as you can tell I thought he was a poor FB at Wakefield. Cameras don’t lie apparently.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Changes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4193
ball-in-hand wrote:Forwards need to run on to the ball. Our forward usually take the pass standing still. Fifita often does this and still makes progress because he has a brilliant hand off but the other forwards need to have some momentum when they receive to make more yards.

Wigan proved that last night, allowing the backs to run along our allegedly defensive line to simply pop a ball into a running forwards hands to hit a lazy line. Sounds simple doesn’t it.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next





It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alegend, BOJ042, Dunkirk Spirit, homme vaste, Khlav Kalash, marc271841, musson, Oddshapeball, Old Timer No 4, Sandal Cat, TrinFanX, wakefieldwall, wakeytrin, Willzay and 163 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,9541,79077,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33

.