Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Sonny bill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:48 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Looking likely that he’ll be playing super league next season but at 34 is it just a publicity stunt or do they see him as the messiah that will keep them in super league

Post subject: Re: Sonny bill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:22 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Right up there with Willie Mason. Lets just make sure the in goal areas are well watered.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:31 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Seriously costly publicity stunt, definitely a gamble though at 34 but nonetheless gets RL in the news and Toronto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:57 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Kettykat wrote:Looking likely that he’ll be playing super league next season but at 34 is it just a publicity stunt or do they see him as the messiah that will keep them in super league

Absolute quality player, even now but, those numbers are ridiculously huge.
One bad tackle and it's an awful lot of cash sitting in the stands.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Brilliant news for RL. Brilliant for Toronto and brilliant for SL. The most recognizable Rugby player in the world playing for Toronto in SL. This will get media coverage, Toronto will get fabulous marketing opportunities and have an iconic player to help spread the RL word in North America, the largest sports market. People will pay to watch him play. He is a fabulous signing. The only concern is the total lack of marketing ability in RL / SL to make the most of this fabulous opportunity, after all RL / SL marketing departments seem unable to communicate with national newspapers, TV or Radio. I also doubt that they have the expertise or ability to engage the sponsorship opportunities that SBW brings with him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:44 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I imagine there won’t be anymore marquee spots left for them. So will they spend the rest of their salary cap on some promising young Canadians?

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Not sure that the RFL and/or SL have any business directly with a clubs playing staff, however good they are, They could hang on the coattails of Toronto and catch a bit of glory by default but they're not footing the bill for Sonny Bill Williams are they. He's there to make a name for Toronto first

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:56 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Willzay wrote:I imagine there won’t be anymore marquee spots left for them. So will they spend the rest of their salary cap on some promising young Canadians?

Of course they will! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bellycouldtackle wrote:Brilliant news for RL. Brilliant for Toronto and brilliant for SL. The most recognizable Rugby player in the world playing for Toronto in SL. This will get media coverage, Toronto will get fabulous marketing opportunities and have an iconic player to help spread the RL word in North America, the largest sports market. People will pay to watch him play. He is a fabulous signing. The only concern is the total lack of marketing ability in RL / SL to make the most of this fabulous opportunity, after all RL / SL marketing departments seem unable to communicate with national newspapers, TV or Radio. I also doubt that they have the expertise or ability to engage the sponsorship opportunities that SBW brings with him.

Don't agree with any of that and I seriously doubt anyone in Toronto has ever heard of him. Don't get your enthusiasm tbh.

Do you not think Toronto should be using that money to create junior leagues to create future stars of their own, If not then what's the point in them?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:03 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Toronto in SL Is the most exciting, marketable, positive thing to happen in RL for years, typical of RL fans to knock it and simply look for negatives and we wonder why RU has left us for dead. SBW, perhaps the greatest Rugby player ever, wow what a signing, what a statement of intent I am genuinely excited to see him play, not since wanting to watch Wally Lewis, Ray Price and Jonathon Davies have I had such an interest in seeing one player take to the field.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com