WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - So Brexit and the new stadium?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity So Brexit and the new stadium?

So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

So Brexit is going ahead and the deal is done (apparently) so I wonder if we'll hear some news soon. MC and JM did state that Brexit and the Election were an issue. Let's hope its good :PRAY:
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The problem is were we banking of using any grants from the EU because if so I guess they will no longer be available.
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:24 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

When Boris Gets Brexit Done™, the country will be awash with cash. And now Wakefield has gone Conservative, the Tories won't be able to spend money on rugby league fast enough.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:50 pm  

wotsupcas wrote:
wotsupcas Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

King Street Cat wrote:
When Boris Gets Brexit Done™, the country will be awash with cash. And now Wakefield has gone Conservative, the Tories won't be able to spend money on rugby league fast enough.

Well having a Labour Council and a Labour MP got us our new ground..... Oh wait a minute...
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wotsupcas wrote:
Well having a Labour Council and a Labour MP got us our new ground..... Oh wait a minute...

Exactly. Peter Box, leader of the Labour council, couldn't even get a stadium organised for the team he supports over the common. What makes you think the Conservatives will give a toss?
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Think you're mixing national and local politics here, lads. Totally different things.
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:55 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Mr Carter said last Monday hopefully it would not affect the ground been built who ever was in charge at Wakefield after the election
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It is central government who allocate the funds to each local government. They then hope you don’t realise that the council do not keep all the taxes raised, so that they can take the blame for any closures. I regret that the change in MP will not have any effect on how we are treated because councils are still considered ripe for further cuts for the reason above.
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:56 am  

User avatarTrinityDave wrote:
TrinityDave User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Fishermanscap wrote:
So Brexit is going ahead and the deal is done (apparently) so I wonder if we'll hear some news soon. MC and JM did state that Brexit and the Election were an issue. Let's hope its good :PRAY:

You do realise that this deal boris has got is simply for the withdrawal agreement. Brexit will drag on for quite a while yet I’m afraid. Who knew. Those that had done their own research and not believed the mantra ‘get brexit done’. You certainly wouldn’t have seen or read the truth in the biased media, that’s for sure.
There are those who are born to drive, and those who are born to be driven Wakefield till i die
Re: So Brexit and the new stadium? Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:03 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

King Street Cat wrote:
Exactly. Peter Box, leader of the Labour council, couldn't even get a stadium organised for the team he supports over the common. What makes you think the Conservatives will give a toss?

As Redcat states local politics are still in control of Labour and probably always will be, completely different beasts.
Next