FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Full 80 Minutes with Michael Carter and Damian Irvine
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200816 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 11:3713th Mar 24 10:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Full 80 Minutes with Michael Carter and Damian Irvine for anyone looking for some Rugby League debate and discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/ProperSportRad ... =n&sfns=mo
The Full 80 Minutes with Michael Carter and Damian Irvine for anyone looking for some Rugby League debate and discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/ProperSportRad ... =n&sfns=mo
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4539
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 30 200815 years201st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 04:1515th Mar 24 22:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Really enjoyed the programme. Always good to hear alternative points of view.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2708
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20195 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 19:1918th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

wakeytrin wrote:
Really enjoyed the programme. Always good to hear alternative points of view.

Yes, it’s good to hear none SL views about the current situation. If the RFL and SL both return under the same umbrella, then we need club Chairmen/CEOs who can provide sensible debate and ideas, for the good of the whole RL system. The feeling I get from listening to recent programs like this is, the none SL clubs feel they could survive the current situation Without too much damage. The biggest problem at the moment, seems to be the promotion to SL this year, with the amount of money and effort some clubs have spent aiming for promotion. Sky will want a meaningful SL competition and that will probably involve promotion and relegation, Yet I don’t believe SL clubs want that, this year, but some championship clubs, understandably do. It will take the wisdom of Solomon to sort out a resolution that will satisfy everyone.
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Watched it on YouTube this morning and a lot of sense was spoken about the present situation covering options of the restart of the game and where it will leave us, the game has got it self into a mess with the inclusion of teams abroad and sense that promotion and relegation should be dropped this year is even being questioned by championship teams who have prepared for this season, love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings.

Thought that was funny MC caught Ralf cutting his lawn on a phone call, could that of been at odsal :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2708
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20195 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 19:1918th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

snowie wrote:
Watched it on YouTube this morning and a lot of sense was spoken about the present situation covering options of the restart of the game and where it will leave us, the game has got it self into a mess with the inclusion of teams abroad and sense that promotion and relegation should be dropped this year is even being questioned by championship teams who have prepared for this season, love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings.

Thought that was funny MC caught Ralf cutting his lawn on a phone call, could that of been at odsal :lol:

Yes, I’d forgotten about that, i think MC said it was half time in a crucial 2015 qualifying game to make the million £ play offs. It seems Trinity were having a tough time by the referee, Rimmer replied “what do you expect me to do, I’m cutting my lawn” :lol:
R.B.A 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200420 years252nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Nov 23 09:152nd Jun 23 20:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.

I've always enjoyed listening to Michael Carter's views. I've posted that on here recently. Once again I enjoyed listening to him on the latest podcast he appeared on.

However, his endorsement this evening of Andy Mazeys views that Joe Public are sat at home on 80% furlough money supping ale in their back gardens flabbergasted me. Millions of people have been forced into furlough and don't deserve to be ridiculed by a high profile and respected figure.

I'm sure my opinion doesn't mean a jot to him, but thought I would get it off my chest.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5527
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201113 years192nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 22:0810th Mar 24 18:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

R.B.A wrote:
I've always enjoyed listening to Michael Carter's views. I've posted that on here recently. Once again I enjoyed listening to him on the latest podcast he appeared on.

However, his endorsement this evening of Andy Mazeys views that Joe Public are sat at home on 80% furlough money supping ale in their back gardens flabbergasted me. Millions of people have been forced into furlough and don't deserve to be ridiculed by a high profile and respected figure.

I'm sure my opinion doesn't mean a jot to him, but thought I would get it off my chest.

Just stating the obvious, most are, me included, supping ale that is, I’ve had to work :( .
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17868
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 13:3918th Mar 24 11:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

R.B.A wrote:

Although not through choice, most people that are furloughed are "taking it easy" and yes, sitting in their gardens supping ale, seems like a fair analogy.
Would they rather be back at work with some job security, absolutely but, was he right, as usual, yes. - I dont see it as ridiculing the people, it's more of a comment on the situation that people are in.
Let's hope that they all have work to go back to.
FIL 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4283
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200915 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 21:4418th Mar 24 12:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

R.B.A wrote:

Sums my situation up perfectly... 8) 8) :DRUNK: :DRUNK:

Although I do consider myself to be extremely fortunate to be in this situation as my main income is from a pension and really feel for those who won't have jobs to go back to in the forthcoming weeks or who are really struggling with the current situation. Keep safe people...things will get better :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 06:2119th Mar 24 06:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

R.B.A wrote:

Very bizarre that. What else are people supposed to do?