WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - There comes a time.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity There comes a time.

There comes a time. Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 625
1st, I am not a - " sack him now man". But, there comes a time when things are not working & it's too embarrassing to remain or continue in what's prevailing or occurring, as a man you have to say to yourself & be honest, the time may have come to say, I need to move on & keep some pride & self dignity, in my opinion, that time has reluctantly come !
I do however understand his position of employment & a wave for his family, so at what point do you continue with loss of all issues including being worthy of being employed again by others when they - the future possible employers see your poor performance !
All off which, needs to be resolved rather than continue on this course of deterioration & eventual ridicule of other clubs & supporters.
Re: There comes a time. Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 625
Having just listened to Cheaters interview, I feel I need to apologize for my previous possting, this being because, if as he says the players attitude is in the wrong place & some players even jumped out of the way of making tackles ! ??
Then there is something fundamentally wrong with the players & the root cause of this whole issue of not playing right ????
If it's about cut in wages, then it cannot be resolved with out more money ???
+ This will run next season !
Where do the players think this will end, no matter who is in charge - coaching ????
I fear for us now as a club ?????
Re: There comes a time. Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 5060
TrinTrin wrote:
Having just listened to Cheaters interview, I feel I need to apologize for my previous possting, this being because, if as he says the players attitude is in the wrong place & some players even jumped out of the way of making tackles ! ??
Then there is something fundamentally wrong with the players & the root cause of this whole issue of not playing right ????
If it's about cut in wages, then it cannot be resolved with out more money ???
+ This will run next season !
Where do the players think this will end, no matter who is in charge - coaching ????
I fear for us now as a club ?????

Some of the players need to take a good look at themselves, you can shout about players out of position till the cows come home but as people have said, rugby is a simple game, what I saw today and other games is so called professional players going through the motions and what really gets my goat is when they blame others for their poor performances and then even funnier get support on here, why these players need telling what to do for 80 minutes is beyond me, take the game by the scruff of the neck, organise and sort it out because some look like they have never played the game .
Re: There comes a time. Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 836
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
TrinTrin wrote:
Having just listened to Cheaters interview, I feel I need to apologize for my previous possting, this being because, if as he says the players attitude is in the wrong place & some players even jumped out of the way of making tackles ! ??
Then there is something fundamentally wrong with the players & the root cause of this whole issue of not playing right ????
If it's about cut in wages, then it cannot be resolved with out more money ???
+ This will run next season !
Where do the players think this will end, no matter who is in charge - coaching ????
I fear for us now as a club ?????

If it’s down to money, then I think the majority of Trinity players would be in for a shock if they think there are clubs out there waiting to sign them up and pay bigger a bigger wage. Some club CEOs have been saying for months now, that come the off season, there could be up to 60 SL players without a club. If I was a player, I know I’d be putting in the effort to retain my team place. Our own club CEO is on record saying a few months ago during the wage reduction talks, , he won’t forget those who made things more difficult at that time. If the worst does come to the Trinity club, it certainly wouldn’t be MCs fault.
Re: There comes a time. Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10089
During pre-season I remember there was something going around about a senior squad member saying we’d struggle this year due to a lack of quality. Wonder if that attitude had spread.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: There comes a time. Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:08 am  

Uptoncat wrote:
Uptoncat Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:29 pm
Posts: 4205
Location: wf9
He wasn’t wrong though if that’s the case. Recruitment as terrible with the exception of Pitts who’s had a good go. Mid season recruitment carried on along those lines. Gigot has 1 good game in 10 and generally can’t be arsed whoever he’s playing for, Kay doesn’timprove the squad, just fills a shirt, Battye the jury is still out as can’t really judge him yet but he’s coming on to a woeful and struggling team. Even the loan signing was uninspiring and I’ve never seen a winger take someone on the outside as much with zero chance of success. This squad wouldn’t even win the championship, some serious soul searching needs to be done and people need to be held accountable.
Re: There comes a time. Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:30 am  

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Wakefield
Players ducking out of the way of tackles?? If this is true then they want to spend a few days with people around Wakefield who have truely struggled during the last 5 months. People who have lost their businesses, NHS staff, construction lads scratting around for materials to try get jobs done for some money. These said people will have paid for season tickets to watch these Useless sacks turn in these kind of performances. Let’s face it, it’s a good job that the hard working people who pay their money to watch this rnt as rubbish at their jobs as this lot at the moment isn’t it.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: There comes a time. Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 am  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3930
Location: Orange street
Big lads mate wrote:
Some of the players need to take a good look at themselves, you can shout about players out of position till the cows come home but as people have said, rugby is a simple game, what I saw today and other games is so called professional players going through the motions and what really gets my goat is when they blame others for their poor performances and then even funnier get support on here, why these players need telling what to do for 80 minutes is beyond me, take the game by the scruff of the neck, organise and sort it out because some look like they have never played the game .


BLM

I am not disputing what you say. However when you suggest "organise it and sort it" I thought we were employing someone on a large salary to do just that. If its not his job to organise it and sort it, have you any idea why he is being employed. I dont know specifically which players you are refering to but I think its safe to assume they will have been recruited by the very bloke who is now pointing the finger at them.

You know much more about the game than me. In my simplistic world I was of the understanding that it was the responsibility of the head coach to put in training regimes and structures to get players in the right frame of mind so they enjoyed their sport and put their effort into their performances. Build their self confidence and self respect and get them to strive to improve their game. Then on match day for that two hours every week, they give it their all.
Re: There comes a time. Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 am  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3527
Location: IN A FIELD LOOKING AT THE STARS
Big lads mate wrote:
Some of the players need to take a good look at themselves, you can shout about players out of position till the cows come home but as people have said, rugby is a simple game, what I saw today and other games is so called professional players going through the motions and what really gets my goat is when they blame others for their poor performances and then even funnier get support on here, why these players need telling what to do for 80 minutes is beyond me, take the game by the scruff of the neck, organise and sort it out because some look like they have never played the game .

So which players are you saying are going through the motions and not trying
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Re: There comes a time. Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1102
Location: Behind the Sticks
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
So which players are you saying are going through the motions and not trying


If you watched the game that would be obvious.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1948er, basher11, Brightside, Chris71, cocker, Dunkirk Spirit, imwakefieldtillidie, Joe Banjo, Mick Amos 9 WTW, Redscat, ricardo07, vastman, Wakefield City, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 120 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,8611,17078,2854,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X