WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Defence. The difference tonight.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Defence. The difference tonight.

Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:51 pm  

User avatarricardo07 wrote:
ricardo07 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 am
Posts: 416
Location: Walton, Wakefield
Wigan can defend their line all day.

We can't.

They are prepared to bend their backs and tackle.

We don't.

Walker not linked up all night and been shaky in defence has not provided any confidence.

A game we had every chance of winning tonight.

Wigan young kids are head and shoulders above ours.

Very disappointed with the side we had out tonight.
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:07 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 11613
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
Easy to defend against a side who has no idea how to attack. Crash balls or kick over to Johnstone. With the amount of ball we had that should have been 2points.
1/10
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:08 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13190
Location: wakefield
ricardo07 wrote:
Wigan can defend their line all day.

We can't.

They are prepared to bend their backs and tackle.

We don't.

Walker not linked up all night and been shaky in defence has not provided any confidence.

A game we had every chance of winning tonight.

Wigan young kids are head and shoulders above ours.

Very disappointed with the side we had out tonight.


Really?
I just saw a team save a try on the line and keep the top of the league out for 3 sets when the game was gone. I'm pleased with that.

Plenty of those players getting back to fitness and should have been blowing at the end. We were a couple of errors and decisions away from a win.
Loads of positives there.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:09 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7915
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Easy to defend against a side who has no idea how to attack. Crash balls or kick over to Johnstone. With the amount of ball we had that should have been 2points.


And harder to defend when you have French, Gildart and Hastings running at you.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - There is no Plan B
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:11 pm  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3527
Location: IN A FIELD LOOKING AT THE STARS
PopTart wrote:
Really?
I just saw a team save a try on the line and keep the top of the league out for 3 sets when the game was gone. I'm pleased with that.

Plenty of those players getting back to fitness and should have been blowing at the end. We were a couple of errors and decisions away from a win.
Loads of positives there.
you just keep accepting mediocrity, your beginning to sound like Chester with all the excuses and there’s more entertainment watching paint dry than listening to him
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 pm  

Emley Cat wrote:
Emley Cat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 546
Can't fault the effort and endeavour tonight but it's another disappointing defeat after leading by 12 and having all that play in the second half. We need more, much much more when we're attacking, too slow, too predictable and too easy to defend against. Having said all that, we didn't get the 50 / 50 calls from Child and the video ref and on another day we'd have just shaded it.
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 pm  
Brian Briggs Ghost Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 am
Posts: 274
Location: Ouzlewell Green
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
you just keep accepting mediocrity, your beginning to sound like Chester with all the excuses and there’s more entertainment watching paint dry than listening to him


I can get you the paint at trade price if you are interested.
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:16 pm  
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 1873
ricardo07 wrote:
Wigan can defend their line all day.

We can't.

They are prepared to bend their backs and tackle.

We don't.

Walker not linked up all night and been shaky in defence has not provided any confidence.

A game we had every chance of winning tonight.

Wigan young kids are head and shoulders above ours.

Very disappointed with the side we had out tonight.

According to Chester that was the 17 we had available
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:16 pm  
Wakefield City Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Posts: 397
I thought we played well, with some togetherness we’ve lacked for a while.

Up the Trin
Re: Defence. The difference tonight. Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:17 pm  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3527
Location: IN A FIELD LOOKING AT THE STARS
charlie63wildcat wrote:
According to Chester that was the 17 we had available
Really
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1948er, Brightside, Chris71, cocker, Dunkirk Spirit, imwakefieldtillidie, Joe Banjo, Mick Amos 9 WTW, Redscat, ricardo07, vastman, Wakefield City, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 120 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,8611,17078,2854,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X