WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - A way back to crowds; 90 min covid test?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity A way back to crowds; 90 min covid test?

A way back to crowds; 90 min covid test? Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:05 pm  
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I heard today that one UK city now has 1/1000 people infected with covid 19 and was on the verge of local lockdown. So even if we take that figure, that's about 5 people we need to identify on average per home game. This is so frustrating isn't it?In theory a rapid test, which was mentioned in the guardian today, could help us identify them;it's just that world demand is going to be astronomical. But if there's way of sourcing them, it might be the only thing that can save us as a club and sport
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think the cost will be prohibitive for people to pay because I cannot see any organisation subsidising the cost.
charlie63wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I think the cost will be prohibitive for people to pay because I cannot see any organisation subsidising the cost.

Some tests may 3 or 4 quid. Friend of mine is a researcher at Hull university. It is possible that we might get a cheap test
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I agree it is a type of test the country needs and one was first promised in March or April but as of today none have been approved for various reasons.
With regards rugby crowds this type of test would still not change anything because how long would it take for 5000 to take the test and where would they isolate pending the results. It will boil down to either a vaccination or herd immunity based on what we know now.

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Trump was on about a 15 minute test that they are sending out to the most at risk places in the US.

Now if that's true or not is a totally different matter...

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The same Trump that said testing less means less cases.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way