Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:21 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Good news. The club have acted quickly and have signed a promising player with a fair few years left in him.

Respectfully can the experts just give him a chance and welcome him on board. Feel free to have an opinion once the lad has played a dozen games. Only seems fair and polite.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:26 am  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Very good signing for you.
He is a very good playmaker and game organiser and he has worked really hard on those skills in the Knights reserves for the last few years.
He is too small and not a good enough defender for the NRL, but a poor defender in the NRL is fair to average in the ESL, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:32 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

roopy wrote:
Very good signing for you.
He is a very good playmaker and game organiser and he has worked really hard on those skills in the Knights reserves for the last few years.
He is too small and not a good enough defender for the NRL, but a poor defender in the NRL is fair to average in the ESL, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Trust me that’s not totally true, you do need to defend in SL it’s vital! The only difference is that there are less monster sized players so size is not such an issue. So the small bit isn’t such an issue.

All the same he won’t get an easy ride here, if his defence iis a weakness he’ll need to work on it.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 am  
Eastern Wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
Trust me that’s not totally true, you do need to defend in SL it’s vital! The only difference is that there are less monster sized players so size is not such an issue. So the small bit isn’t such an issue.

All the same he won’t get an easy ride here, if his defence iis a weakness he’ll need to work on it.

I agree there Vasty. No hiding place on a rugby pitch if you can’t tackle, other teams players do target weaknesses, and this is the same in most sports.

I was a fan of Williams, but was surprised we were being linked in bringing him back. Good work by the club in focussing on someone else and getting the deal done quickly.

Not yet confirmed by the club, but if and when it is, welcome aboard Mason
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 am  
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Good deal for both parties, I suspect. He's a young guy not getting his chance in the shop window, and we need a quality half-back.
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

The clips of him I've seen show he can certainly play.
And an accomplished goal kicker too.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

FWIW I think we dodged a bullet with Williams. I never thought he was much good last time and now he's two years older with little game time. No idea about this guy but our overseas signings have been pretty decent in recent years. Welcome aboard.
Re: Mason lino Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am  

dboy wrote:
dboy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I'd guess, that with him being at Newcastle Knights, we may have taken some feedback from Colin Sanctuary on signing Lino.

Let's be positive.
Next