WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - More covid problems.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity More covid problems.

More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:06 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Just a thought, the covid jab list set by age & need, looks like players may not get the Jab until june, July or later !
So, it could be we are back to the non-sense of players isolating or with covid ???
I hope not as we could be playing games with missing players ????
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:26 pm  

Jose wrote:
Jose Stevo's Armpit

Yea thankfully our young and fit players will have to wait their turn behind all those vulnerable groups in front of them
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

its hardly more is it just the same as last season
click on this link to give support for the stadium application

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

the club needs you
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:09 pm  

wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Given the testing is done privately will there be an option that opens up for the jab to potentially be given via that channel?
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

TrinTrin wrote:
Just a thought, the covid jab list set by age & need, looks like players may not get the Jab until june, July or later !
So, it could be we are back to the non-sense of players isolating or with covid ???

Yeah because a daft game chucking a plastic ball around is far more important than the correct distribution of inoculations. Seriously, who cares how RL is affected so long as the clubs can stay in business?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

wakefieldwall wrote:
Given the testing is done privately will there be an option that opens up for the jab to potentially be given via that channel?

Hopefully not.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: More covid problems. Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:00 pm  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TrinTrin wrote:

Well spotted. :roll:
You can claim the £5 prize.
Re: More covid problems. Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 am  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Do you even the need the jab at their age? I'd happily give mine up for someone who is at risk.
Re: More covid problems. Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:19 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie wrote:
Do you even the need the jab at their age? I'd happily give mine up for someone who is at risk.

Not really I’d say. By the time they are due a jab if the virus isn’t in total retreat by then it hasn’t worked.

Some people don’t get this but the under 30’s were never greatly at risk from this virus. They were highly unlikely to even get ill which made it even more likely that they would be the super spreaders they clearly are.

Some sections of that age group have blood on there hands, they failed in their duty of care for others.

From what was said by the club about half the players have now contracted Covid. As far as I’m aware none have been seriously ill. But then they and their fellow pros were not the ones being protected it was their parents and grandparents.

The actions of the sport and the club has almost certainly saved lives somewhere down the line.

So this Covid nonsense as the op called it can last as long as it needs to, end of.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: More covid problems. Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:17 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

There seems no doubt that the start of the season (at least) will be affected by covid issues, hence Magic being moved - it's a non starter without meaningful numbers of fans - however, wanting players to be vaccinated before the vulnerable would definitely be getting "our" priorities wrong.
It's one of the rare moments when I agree with the government and they and all of the many others involved, deserve huge credit for getting the vaccinations up to speed so quickly.
The logistics in getting the vaccine rolled out to so many people in a short space of time have been excellent and hopefully it will have the desired effect of protecting the most vulnerable and at some point, allowing the economy to open up again.
Next