RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Innes Senior back with Giants
Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:21 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14891
Location: wakefield
Member for 13 years
Signed 1 year deal with them
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:29 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 32364
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 17 years
PopTart wrote:
Signed 1 year deal with them


Wish him luck, did his best under poor circumstances. Signing him imho was a poor decision from CC but that wasn’t the lads fault.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:23 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 12180
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
Member for 15 years
At least we gave the Giant's academy player two seasons of first team experience. Would've done his development wonders.
1/10
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:50 pm  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3859
Location: Wakefield
Member for 20 years
I think he will be a top player in a couple of years.
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 32364
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 17 years
charlie wrote:
I think he will be a top player in a couple of years.


So do I and I’m baffled as to why we chose to help that development.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:07 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 8681
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
Member for 19 years
Khlav Kalash wrote:
At least we gave the Giant's academy player two seasons of first team experience. Would've done his development wonders.


Yeah but I guess there was a cash incentive to use a loan signing, part financed by money bags Ken, during these last couple of lean years?
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:27 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 32364
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 17 years
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Yeah but I guess there was a cash incentive to use a loan signing, part financed by money bags Ken, during these last couple of lean years?


I know what you mean but I’m not sure I agree. I mean we spent good money training our own youngsters so surely that was the time to recoup that investment. Playing Senior seems a false economy to me.

If I’m being honest I’m not convinced from what I saw that Greensmith would or will make it, sorry FT but that’s my appraisal FWIW. All the same I’d of liked to have seen him given a go, not least because I didn’t see anything more in Senior at the time.

I now think Senior will make it and you could argue that CC was right. However you could just as reasonably argue that the same would have applied with Ollie given the chances Senior got and again I could be proved wrong.

Usually I’m fully in the coaches know best camp but for me I just can’t see the logic in the Senior debacle and I don’t even think my bestest mate MC could change my mind on that one. We wasted all that game time on a Hudds player who offered nothing special when we could have been developing one of our own or at least one we’d unearthed in the lower leagues.

Just my opinion.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 21323
Member for 14 years
vastman wrote:
I know what you mean but I’m not sure I agree. I mean we spent good money training our own youngsters so surely that was the time to recoup that investment. Playing Senior seems a false economy to me.

If I’m being honest I’m not convinced from what I saw that Greensmith would or will make it, sorry FT but that’s my appraisal FWIW. All the same I’d of liked to have seen him given a go, not least because I didn’t see anything more in Senior at the time.

I now think Senior will make it and you could argue that CC was right. However you could just as reasonably argue that the same would have applied with Ollie given the chances Senior got and again I could be proved wrong.

Usually I’m fully in the coaches know best camp but for me I just can’t see the logic in the Senior debacle and I don’t even think my bestest mate MC could change my mind on that one. We wasted all that game time on a Hudds player who offered nothing special when we could have been developing one of our own or at least one we’d unearthed in the lower leagues.

Just my opinion.

This is where the reserves side used to come in

Frustrating to see young players leave that didn't get a chance
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:30 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 8681
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
Member for 19 years
vastman wrote:
I know what you mean but I’m not sure I agree. I mean we spent good money training our own youngsters so surely that was the time to recoup that investment. Playing Senior seems a false economy to me.

If I’m being honest I’m not convinced from what I saw that Greensmith would or will make it, sorry FT but that’s my appraisal FWIW. All the same I’d of liked to have seen him given a go, not least because I didn’t see anything more in Senior at the time.

I now think Senior will make it and you could argue that CC was right. However you could just as reasonably argue that the same would have applied with Ollie given the chances Senior got and again I could be proved wrong.

Usually I’m fully in the coaches know best camp but for me I just can’t see the logic in the Senior debacle and I don’t even think my bestest mate MC could change my mind on that one. We wasted all that game time on a Hudds player who offered nothing special when we could have been developing one of our own or at least one we’d unearthed in the lower leagues.

Just my opinion.


I'm not disagreeing, merely trying to understand the reasoning. He was originally brought in to cover Johnstone on the wing I believe whilst Greensmith was still on furlough? If Shudds were paying him then I can see the financial benefit.

Sending both Croft and Greensmith out on loan but retaining Senior must surely have been financially motivated again or seeing him as a safer wing option???
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: Innes Senior back with Giants Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:58 am  

phe13 wrote:
phe13 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Posts: 625
Member for 4 years
charlie wrote:
I think he will be a top player in a couple of years.


I wonder if we tried to sign him
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cats13 and 139 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
Matches on TV
Mon 31st Jan
CH RND: 1 York-Featherstone
Mon 7th Feb
CH RND: 2 Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 10th Feb
SL RND: 1 St.Helens-Catalans
Fri 11th Feb
SL RND: 1 Hull KR-Wigan
Sat 12th Feb
SL RND: 1 Leeds-Warrington
SL RND: 1 Toulouse-Huddersfield
Thu 17th Feb
SL RND: 2 Warrington-Castleford
Fri 18th Feb
SL RND: 2 Wigan-Leeds
Sat 19th Feb
SL RND: 2 Hull FC-St.Helens
Thu 24th Feb
SL RND: 3 Leeds-Catalans
Fri 25th Feb
SL RND: 3 Hull KR-Salford
Thu 3rd Mar
SLRND: 4 Wakefield-Leeds
Fri 4th Mar
SL RND: 4 Warrington-Catalans
Thu 10th Mar
SL RND: 5 Leeds-Hull FC
Fri 11th Mar
SL RND: 5 St.Helens-Warrington
Sat 12th Mar
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 17th Mar
SL RND: 6 Wigan-Castleford
Fri 18th Mar
SL RND: 6 Salford-Leeds
Sat 19th Mar
SLRND: 6 Warrington-Wakefield
Thu 31st Mar
SL RND: 7 Wigan-Hull FC
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!









X
::::::::