Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:57 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27163
Location: West Yorkshire
As Come On You Ull has said, Raynor and King were in the squad last time we won at Headingley. With the biggest game of the season coming up a few days later I could see us resting some e.g. Sneyd. The problem is we could really do with the points as it looks like 6 in the mix for a play off spot now and our points difference won't do us any favours in the event of a tie. Would be a shame to miss out on Top 5 now, albeit many of us never really expected to be in this position.

Any news on the injury list - Kelly, Ellis, Savelio, Griffin etc?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:10 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19473
Location: Back in Hull.
I'd freshen things up a bit and bring in the likes of Lane and Brown.

Hopefully the injured players mentioned above will be back,allowing us to rest some of the backrow, who are looking tired.

Should be winning this one, but our erratic form and record at Leeds doesn't fill me with confidence

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:32 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 12211
Location: south of Hull.
Dave K. wrote:I'd freshen things up a bit and bring in the likes of Lane and Brown.

Hopefully the injured players mentioned above will be back,allowing us to rest some of the backrow, who are looking tired.

Should be winning this one, but our erratic form and record at Leeds doesn't fill me with confidence

Leeds fans have always had it as 2 points cert before the game. Would love to shut that up.






BLACK AND WHITES



East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 961
Realistically this is a game we should be winning but how many times have we said that before and then turned in a lack lustre performance.
Rovers were good in their victory last night and I'd expect more of the same from us next week.
Top 5 is crucial for me and I would not look at resting players for the cup. League points are more valuable then putting all our eggs in a cup basket, especially with positions 3 to 5 being so tight. I'd rather be in the grand final hunt this season.
I'm expecting a victory, non of this hoodo bollox, this is our best chance of a victory at Headingly with Leeds being so poor.
Again all depends on which Hull side turns up though doesn't it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Mrs Barista wrote:As Come On You Ull has said, Raynor and King were in the squad last time we won at Headingley. With the biggest game of the season coming up a few days later I could see us resting some e.g. Sneyd. The problem is we could really do with the points as it looks like 6 in the mix for a play off spot now and our points difference won't do us any favours in the event of a tie. Would be a shame to miss out on Top 5 now, albeit many of us never really expected to be in this position.

Any news on the injury list - Kelly, Ellis, Savelio, Griffin etc?


So glad we don’t have to wait for squad news before we post our opinions :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:20 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 5800
Think we might win this one. Leeds played awful last night and can't see them playing as bad next week. Saying that we due a win. COYH






once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 2842
Location: United Kingdom
Seriously
If we don’t win this then LR can do one






I have lost interest

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:41 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 am
Posts: 67
After last nights Rovers game Phil Clarke said Leeds need to work on their attack. They scored 4 tries but conceded 6. I hope they listen to his advice and don’t worry about the defence.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:56 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 10960
would resist resting anybody! after the second half performance last thursday, the players need to show they can improve

with wigan, cas and catalan breathing down our necks, a top 3 finish could become trickier if we send a weakened squad and lose!

fwiw, resting players doesnt always work! remember our 2017 semi final v leeds? leeds rested the vast majority of their squad the week before.......

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leeds away
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1465
Location: Kingston upon Hull
number 6 wrote:would resist resting anybody! after the second half performance last thursday, the players need to show they can improve

with wigan, cas and catalan breathing down our necks, a top 3 finish could become trickier if we send a weakened squad and lose!

fwiw, resting players doesnt always work! remember our 2017 semi final v leeds? leeds rested the vast majority of their squad the week before.......


Totally agree, while the cup game is another target, the position we finish in the playoffs “hopefully” is paramount. Try and finish as high as possible, then the week after next, focus on a Wembley return.

Come on yu ullaaa.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next





It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardiff_05, Irregular Hoops, Jake the Peg, Kiljoy, MorningGlory23, Mr. Zucchini Head, Tarquin Fuego, tommyfinn and 116 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:25 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,967,7051,74477,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34

.