WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - This week's diary...
This week's diary... Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:31 pm  

Roland_R wrote:
Roland_R 100% League Network
100% League Network

...is now online at www.blackandwhites.co.uk
Re: This week's diary... Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 pm  

Touchliner wrote:
Touchliner Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Thanks for his weeks diary Wilf reminding me of that great season which coincided with my wife packing her bags and clearing off.
Re: This week's diary... Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:08 pm  
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Interesting comments from the owner including this in your diary. " Adam thinks that the Salary Cap is too high and the Marquee Rule which has recently been increased to 3 has gone too far.."

When did the MR increase from 2 players to 3? I have not seen this reported although at least a couple of clubs would love this to occur!
Re: This week's diary... Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:24 am  
The Dentist Wilf User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Sorry about that I guess it was just me trying to be a bit too clever really its been a long year!

I was trying to make the point that it appears that as well as Adam and several other owners being worried about the salary cap increasing by stealth through add on etc as he said 'its becoming a bit too high' it also seems too that many clubs are now actually bending the rules a bit to accommodate up to three players that would have once be classed as Marquee signings Adam himself said 'we have players here who qualify under the Marquee rule but we're not saying anymore than that!' The whole thing is fudged and obviously as our owner says all over the place. just as always only my angle on it though!

Oh and as I don't usually come on here Merry Christmas to everyone!! Heres to a great 2020!
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!
Re: This week's diary... Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:43 pm  

User avatarHomenaway wrote:
Homenaway User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The Dentist Wilf wrote:
Sorry about that I guess it was just me trying to be a bit too clever really its been a long year!

I was trying to make the point that it appears that as well as Adam and several other owners being worried about the salary cap increasing by stealth through add on etc as he said 'its becoming a bit too high' it also seems too that many clubs are now actually bending the rules a bit to accommodate up to three players that would have once be classed as Marquee signings Adam himself said 'we have players here who qualify under the Marquee rule but we're not saying anymore than that!' The whole thing is fudged and obviously as our owner says all over the place. just as always only my angle on it though!

Oh and as I don't usually come on here Merry Christmas to everyone!! Heres to a great 2020!

A massive thanks, Wilf, from me for all the work you put into the diary all year. I only post occasionally on here, but read every edition of the diary avidly (it's a crucial part of my FC 'fix' each week!)

I sit above and to the left of you in the East Stand with a number of my (actual) family and my FC family of Jim & Jane, Graham, etc, etc. and our conversations often centre around stuff you've put in the diary. The day you stop writing it will be a very sad day for this fan, as I'm sure, many others!

Have a great Christmas!
"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh