Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 23 | Hull FC (H)



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (H)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:59 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 8939
Another huge game coming up on Sunday. Hopefully they are preparing for their semi final which is six days afterward so they might want to rest a few.

Walker
Briscoe Newman Hurrell Handley
Lui Myler
Seumanufagai Dwyer Peteru
Sutcliffe Ferres
Merrin

Lunt Martin Oledzki/Singleton/Cuthbertson/Smith

Other fixtures:

Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity
Hull Kingston Rovers v Huddersfield Giants
London Broncos v St Helens
Salford Red Devils v Catalan Dragons
Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14627
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
It’s at home isn’t it?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 pm
Posts: 405
I'd go for,

Walker
T.Briscoe
Newman
Hurrell
Handley
Sutcliffe/ Mclelland
Lui
Seamanufagai
Lunt
Cuthbertson
Smith
Martin
Merrin

Subs

Singleton
Dwyer
Peteru/Oldezki
Donaldson

Myler should be dropped after his shocking performance against KR but doubt he will. I don't really want Sutcliffe in halves cause he isn't a half for me or young Mclelland because think it'll be to much pressure on a young half to try and play well in these pressure games to get us out of this relegation battle, but I am sick of Myler this season he has had to many chances and benefit of the doubt constantly and he continues to come up with same garbage he has done all year poor kicks, bad reads in defence no organisation even with a proper halfback partner with Lui now. Really hope we can get rid of him next season and bring in a class half next year.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 pm
Posts: 9305
Location: LDZ
It's a home game mate






YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:17 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1240
Jrrhino wrote:I'd go for,

Walker
T.Briscoe
Newman
Hurrell
Handley
Sutcliffe/ Mclelland
Lui
Seamanufagai
Lunt
Cuthbertson
Smith
Martin
Merrin

Subs

Singleton
Dwyer
Peteru/Oldezki
Donaldson

Myler should be dropped after his shocking performance against KR but doubt he will. I don't really want Sutcliffe in halves cause he isn't a half for me or young Mclelland because think it'll be to much pressure on a young half to try and play well in these pressure games to get us out of this relegation battle, but I am sick of Myler this season he has had to many chances and benefit of the doubt constantly and he continues to come up with same garbage he has done all year poor kicks, bad reads in defence no organisation even with a proper halfback partner with Lui now. Really hope we can get rid of him next season and bring in a class half next year.

I'd agree with you pretty much.

On face value I'd be tempted to start with Lunt and Singo in the front row, to give some structure and take some sting out. Bring on Ava, Oledski and Dwyer for impact?

I am close to thinking McClelland for 7 and he probably has the confidence but it's a big change at this stage in the season.

Bit worried about this one, I don't think we can bank on Hull taking their eye off the ball and they have been devastating when they turn up this year at times. Then again, realistically the cup might be their big chance because of their inconsistency.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 pm
Posts: 114
Mine would be.

1. Walker
2. Golding
3. Newman
4. Hurrell
5. Handley.
6. Lui
7. Mclleland (It’s a risk though) Myler doesn’t deserve to play.
8. Ava
9. Lunt
10. Singleton/Peteru if fit.
11. Sutcliffe
12. Martin
13. Merrin

Subs.
14. Oledzski/Peteru if fit.
15. Cuthbo
16. Donaldson
17. Dwyer.

Briscoe is not good enough in defence and Hull will pepper him. Golding is sound in defence and is desperate to play and will therefore try really hard.
Myler doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near. Mclleland is a risk though but I would give him a shot, he played decent against Toronto. Lunt showed direction and composure and reasons why he is a starting hooker. Dwyer is a quick, impact hooker that adds bags of energy and a boost, but also can play like a headless chicken and we need composure. We missed a bench prop and now Singleton is back and as much as don’t rate him sometimes because he is very hit and miss he adds aggression and and a bit of bite. If Peteru is fit he should jump in. Hull are a big team and Ava needs help as he has been class, the last thing we need is an injury to him because he is doing all the work.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:35 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1240
sharky64 wrote:Mine would be.

1. Walker
2. Golding
3. Newman
4. Hurrell
5. Handley.
6. Lui
7. Mclleland (It’s a risk though) Myler doesn’t deserve to play.
8. Ava
9. Lunt
10. Singleton/Peteru if fit.
11. Sutcliffe
12. Martin
13. Merrin

Subs.
14. Oledzski/Peteru if fit.
15. Cuthbo
16. Donaldson
17. Dwyer.

Briscoe is not good enough in defence and Hull will pepper him. Golding is sound in defence and is desperate to play and will therefore try really hard.
Myler doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near. Mclleland is a risk though but I would give him a shot, he played decent against Toronto. Lunt showed direction and composure and reasons why he is a starting hooker. Dwyer is a quick, impact hooker that adds bags of energy and a boost, but also can play like a headless chicken and we need composure. We missed a bench prop and now Singleton is back and as much as don’t rate him sometimes because he is very hit and miss he adds aggression and and a bit of bite. If Peteru is fit he should jump in. Hull are a big team and Ava needs help as he has been class, the last thing we need is an injury to him because he is doing all the work.

Agree with everything here except I don't think Golding will play first team again unless a real run of injury happens.

Briscoe is one of those... I can see why people criticize him, but he does an awful lot of good work with hard carries and can be very good. He made a mistake or two last week granted, but I wouldn't drop him personally, I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1240
If I was Hull I'd be looking at both our centres to target; Hurrell is going to break your ribs if he hits you, but usually misses and drags the line out behind him. Newman is a strong kid but he just doesn't have the physicality (upper body in particular) at this level yet - AND he is learning positionally at the same time. Some of the issues with the wingers are due to our centres making poor choices (and the halves when Tui was here) which are giving them tough decisions too often IMO. Not saying they couldn't do better still but as Agar has alluded to, our systems need to be working better too.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 11:46 pm
Posts: 9424
Location: 10 mins walk from Suncorp Stadium
I'd give McClelland a go ahead of Myler as well. If not now we'll run out of games and have to continue with him regardless. Sutcliffe shouldn't go back to halfback unless there's literally nobody else.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 23 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:18 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1240
BrisbaneRhino wrote:I'd give McClelland a go ahead of Myler as well. If not now we'll run out of games and have to continue with him regardless. Sutcliffe shouldn't go back to halfback unless there's literally nobody else.

Yeah actually if we are going to try McLelland this year, this game would be about right. Time to recover if it doesn't work - and if Hull are on we'll struggle to compete anyway IMO. Not sure it's good for Myler's confidence but survival is bigger than any individual.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next





It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joshheff90 and 150 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am

REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,942,85780477,7994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
PENRITH
TODAY 10:55
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
TODAY 19:00
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
HUNSLET
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
SALFORD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






17

.