RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2 week delay to start of season
2 week delay to start of season Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:25 pm  

User avatarFIOS wrote:
FIOS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 3375
Looks like there will be a 2 week delay to the start of the season as long as sky agree. Reason being to make it more likely for fans to attend the later matches in the year. Strange decision for me, what difference will two weeks make?
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:35 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14647
I was going to say the same thing.

If it really is only two weeks, we can consider ourselves extraordinarily lucky.

Are we sure it wasn't two months?
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:10 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25195
Location: WIGAN
Two weeks is the report. If they can fit in a delay, even one of just two weeks, I’d be fully behind it. As we’ve seen with this virus a lot can change in two weeks. We’re in a shocking place as a country at the moment but hopefully things will look more positive by March (although they’ll be far from good) and if by starting two weeks later, that allows teams to push pre season back a little and not have to mix as much in these next few weeks (when things will be at their worst), I don’t think that will be a bad thing.

I don’t really think this can be about fans in the stadiums because they might be able to push the start date back by trimming the number of games but they won’t be able to extend the season due to the World Cup, so if it’s about getting fans in to stadiums, they may as well leave the start date as it is because starting in early March or starting in late March won’t make any difference to when fans can come back. It seems to be about trying to start as late as possible and get ahead of possible fixture disruption now, as opposed to start postponing fixtures in early March. I’d rather then trim a few games before we start, than start doing it part way though and risk the integrity of the comp again.
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 1025
Like many other mysteries taking place at the present Covi - 19 situation.

Like for example, Football and Rugby Union still being allowed to be play even though the number of cases at clubs are increasing and some games are being cancelled.

While at the same time, we the public are told to stay in unless doing essential food shopping.

Double standards in abudance!
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:56 am  
afootingmiracle21-12 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Posts: 44
NickyKiss wrote:
Two weeks is the report. If they can fit in a delay, even one of just two weeks, I’d be fully behind it. As we’ve seen with this virus a lot can change in two weeks. We’re in a shocking place as a country at the moment but hopefully things will look more positive by March (although they’ll be far from good) and if by starting two weeks later, that allows teams to push pre season back a little and not have to mix as much in these next few weeks (when things will be at their worst), I don’t think that will be a bad thing.

I don’t really think this can be about fans in the stadiums because they might be able to push the start date back by trimming the number of games but they won’t be able to extend the season due to the World Cup, so if it’s about getting fans in to stadiums, they may as well leave the start date as it is because starting in early March or starting in late March won’t make any difference to when fans can come back. It seems to be about trying to start as late as possible and get ahead of possible fixture disruption now, as opposed to start postponing fixtures in early March. I’d rather then trim a few games before we start, than start doing it part way though and risk the integrity of the comp again.


With Australia and NZ looking like limiting travel until 2022, when are they going to make a call on the WC? Surely the sensible thing is to knock it back a year now! Also avoids us trying to compete in such a busy sporting calendar. Let the euros and olympics go this year and we can go next surely?
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:07 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4067
Location: Atherton
cancel the challenge cup then it will free up space in the season
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:10 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31732
Pieman wrote:
cancel the challenge cup then it will free up space in the season


No, it brings vital sponsorship money and prize money to the game. Where would you get that money from?
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4067
Location: Atherton
Rogues Gallery wrote:
No, it brings vital sponsorship money and prize money to the game. Where would you get that money from?


sky as if its disrupted they will want some of their money back
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:15 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25195
Location: WIGAN
Talk that magic may go and that would make sense. Even in late May you could only see a small crowd being allowed and without the fans at that event it becomes pointless. If they knock a couple of loop fixtures on the head then hopefully that would be enough to avoid any mid season postponements/cancellations/fixture shuffles when it enables a later start.
Re: 2 week delay to start of season Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:57 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31732
Pieman wrote:
sky as if its disrupted they will want some of their money back


So Sky are going to pay more money than they are contracted to? I'm glad your not running my business.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashton Bears, Bad Leg Strikes, Captain Hook, Cbr1000rr, Choc Ice, CM Punk, Edinburgh Warrior, Egg Chasing, endoman, Fujiman, Grimmy, Itchy Arsenal, jonh, NickyKiss, sergeant pepper, The pieman, TonyM19, tugglesf78, Uncle Rico and 178 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,152,6951,55378,5774,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 9th May
CH RND: 5 Swinton22-23Bradford
CH RND: 5 Dewsbury0-36Halifax
CH RND: 5 LondonB50-30Newcastle
CH RND: 5 York12-16Featherstone
NRL RND: 9 Manly38-32NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 9 St.George32-12Canterbury
CH RND: 5 Toulouse70-0Widnes
L1 RND: 1 Coventry20-38Barrow
L1 RND: 1 Hunslet16-28Workington
L1 RND: 1 Keighley44-18Doncaster
L1 RND: 1 Rochdale40-16West Wales
Sat 8th May
CC RND: 4 Hull FC20-10Wigan
CC RND: 4 Castleford19-18Salford
CH RND: 5 Oldham4-36Whitehaven
NRL RND: 9 Canberra16-24Newcastle
NRL RND: 9 Wests28-36Gold Coast
NRL RND: 9 NQL Cowboys19-18Brisbane
L1 RND: 1 LondonS24-44Crusaders
Fri 7th May
CC RND: 4 Catalans6-16Warrington
CC RND: 4 St.Helens23-18Huddersfield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 9 260 60 200 18
Parramatta 9 260 124 136 16
Melbourne 9 292 108 184 14
Souths 9 235 174 61 14
Sydney 9 254 123 131 12
St.George 9 193 169 24 10
 
Gold Coast 9 218 219 -1 8
NZ Warriors 9 189 216 -27 8
Manly 9 177 234 -57 8
Newcastle 9 161 220 -59 8
NQL Cowboys 9 165 255 -90 8
Canberra 9 173 209 -36 6
Cronulla 9 152 226 -74 4
Brisbane 9 140 240 -100 4
Wests 9 158 262 -104 4
Canterbury 9 92 280 -188 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20
Leeds 5 63 99 -36 2 63.64 20
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20
Wakefield 5 66 154 -88 0 42.86 0
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 4 159 40 119 8 397.50 100
Featherstone 4 128 50 78 8 256 100
Batley 5 172 88 84 8 195.45 80
Bradford 5 127 134 -7 8 94.78 80
Sheffield 5 124 100 24 5 124 50
LondonB 5 124 145 -21 5 85.52 50
 
Halifax 5 155 101 54 4 153.47 40
York 5 126 93 33 4 135.48 40
Whitehaven 5 109 119 -10 4 91.60 40
Dewsbury 5 73 123 -50 4 59.35 40
Oldham 5 82 156 -74 4 52.56 40
Newcastle 5 120 153 -33 3 78.43 30
Widnes 5 106 180 -74 3 58.89 30
Swinton 5 74 197 -123 0 37.56 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Rochdale 1 40 16 24 2 250 100
Keighley 1 44 18 26 2 244.44 100
Barrow 1 38 20 18 2 190 100
Crusaders 1 44 24 20 2 183.33 100
Workington 1 28 16 12 2 175 100
Hunslet 1 16 28 -12 0 57.14 0
 
LondonS 1 24 44 -20 0 54.55 0
Coventry 1 20 38 -18 0 52.63 0
Doncaster 1 18 44 -26 0 40.91 0
West Wales 1 16 40 -24 0 40 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 3
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 2 176 0 176 4 1,760 100
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4 1,400 100
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4 1,125 100
LeedsW 2 140 16 124 4 875 100
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0 23.53 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0 15.38 0
 
FeatherstoneW 2 6 112 -106 0 5.36 0
BradfordW 2 0 124 -124 0 0 0
Hudds W 1 0 90 -90 0 0 0
WakefieldW 1 0 44 -44 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X